Invision Byte: Bump Up Topics - Invision Byte

Welcome to Invision Byte

Welcome to Invision Byte, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Purchase one of the products available and quickly receive support for it!
  • View and use the shoutbox to communicate
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Guest Message by DevFuse
  • 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Bump Up Topics

User is offline   terabyte 

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Management
  • IP.Board:3.1.x
  • Current Mood: Current Mood: Insomnious
Posted Image
File Name: Bump Up Topics
File Submitter: terabyte
File Submitted: 11 Aug 2011
File Updated: 04 Aug 2013
File Category: IP.Board
IP.Board 3.0 Compatible: No
IP.Board 3.1 Compatible: No
IP.Board 3.2 Compatible: Yes
IP.Board 3.3 Compatible: Yes
IP.Board 3.4 Compatible: Yes

This mod adds a button to bump a topic, useful to avoid useless replies with something like "bump".

Features:
  • Coded as hook, disable it to disable the whole modification
  • Each group has their own options:
    • Enable/disable bump option
    • Selectable in which forums can bump topics
    • Bump only topics where they are the topic starter or all
    • Limit the nuber of bumps per day
    • Set a waiting time after the last bump
    • Set a waiting time after the last topic post

• Secondary group permissions are properly checked
  • Bump button is always hidden for guests and search engines
  • Javascript timer in the disabled button to show how much time the members must wait
  • The topic is already marked as read for the member that bumps it but not for the others!

Click here to download this file
Board Rules - Available Products - Products Faqs - Need a Custom Work?

* Don't PM me for support, post in the forum or submit a ticket from the client area! *

User is offline   Darbo 

• n00b
  • Pip
  • Group: Premium Members
  • IP.Board:3.2.x
  • Current Mood: Current Mood: None Chosen
fantastic :)

User is offline   dicreat 

• n00b
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
Thanks for great job!

I found a little bug:
1. create group "A" with bump-permission;
2. make this group as a secondary group to user;
3. if option "Allowed forums: All current and future forums" are enabled, there is no problem and user have ability to bump topics;
4. if option above is not enabled, user don't see bump-button and can't use bump-features (yes, I make selection in forum-list corectly).
5. if I make group "A" as a primary group to user, problem gone away.

Thanks for help.

• n00b
  • Pip
Error detected, please review patch http://berforum.ru/temp/tbButButton.patch

• n00b
  • Pip
Oh, I found new collisions.

Situation:
"Group A" can't bump topics, in group's setting option "Can bump topics?" is turn off. In group settings are selected "Forum A" in forum list, daily limit 5.
"Group B" can bump topics, in group's setting option "Can bump topics?" is turn on. In group settings are selected "Forum B" in forum list, daily limit 10.
User have "Group A" as a primary group and "Group B" as a secondary group. In normal situation, user can see and use bump button only in "Forum B", but now user can see bump button in "Forum A" and in "Forum B". If user try bump own topic in "Forum B", there is error on screen "You are not allowed to bump topics in this forum" (it's wrong!), but in "Forum A" user can bump topic successfuly (it's wrong!). After 5 bump's, user see daily limit message - it's wrong too.

• Administrator

View Postdicreat, on 22 May 2012 - 10:00 AM, said:

Thanks for great job!

I found a little bug:
3. if option "Allowed forums: All current and future forums" are enabled, there is no problem and user have ability to bump topics;
4. if option above is not enabled, user don't see bump-button and can't use bump-features (yes, I make selection in forum-list corectly).

Thanks for help.

View Postdicreat, on 22 May 2012 - 02:17 PM, said:

Situation:
"Group A" can't bump topics, in group's setting option "Can bump topics?" is turn off. In group settings are selected "Forum A" in forum list, daily limit 5.
"Group B" can bump topics, in group's setting option "Can bump topics?" is turn on. In group settings are selected "Forum B" in forum list, daily limit 10.
User have "Group A" as a primary group and "Group B" as a secondary group. In normal situation, user can see and use bump button only in "Forum B", but now user can see bump button in "Forum A" and in "Forum B". If user try bump own topic in "Forum B", there is error on screen "You are not allowed to bump topics in this forum" (it's wrong!), but in "Forum A" user can bump topic successfuly (it's wrong!). After 5 bump's, user see daily limit message - it's wrong too.

I'll take a look at those issues and release a new version as soon as possible, thanks for the report :)

* Don't PM me for support, post in the forum or submit a ticket from the client area! *

• n00b
  • Pip
Please review these files - I complitly rewrite some procedures and now all group's settings checks correctly: http://berforum.ru/temp/tbButButton.txt and http://berforum.ru/temp/tbButProcess.txt
I'm not shure that all my code is correct and clean (I'm not programmer), but now hook works as I expected.

User is offline   LemonSquid 

• n00b
  • Pip
  • IP.Board:3.3.x
Hi terabyte!

This mod is really userful however can I request that the limit can be changed in the sense that the time limit is per thread? On my board users have multiple topics and I wish for the to bump each one only once per 3 hours. At this time, they can only bump one. I look forward to a response. :)

• Administrator

View Postdicreat, on 22 May 2012 - 10:00 AM, said:

Thanks for great job!

I found a little bug:

Thanks for help.

View Postdicreat, on 22 May 2012 - 02:17 PM, said:

Situation:

I have updated the hook to fix those issues you've found, however, the restrictions are applied globally to every forum the user can access and not per-forum. So if user with "Group A" can bump in "Forum A" with a 5 day limit and then has the "Group B" which can bump in "Forum B" with a 10 day limit then the user will be able to bump in both "Forum A + B" with a 10 day limit.

View PostLemonSquid, on 31 May 2012 - 09:47 PM, said:

Hi terabyte!

This mod is really userful however can I request that the limit can be changed in the sense that the time limit is per thread? On my board users have multiple topics and I wish for the to bump each one only once per 3 hours. At this time, they can only bump one. I look forward to a response. :)

You should already be able to do that using the "Last post limit" group option, or am I missing something else?

• n00b
  • Pip

View Postterabyte, on 02 June 2012 - 04:31 PM, said:

I have updated the hook to fix those issues you've found, however, the restrictions are applied globally to every forum the user can access and not per-forum. So if user with "Group A" can bump in "Forum A" with a 5 day limit and then has the "Group B" which can bump in "Forum B" with a 10 day limit then the user will be able to bump in both "Forum A + B" with a 10 day limit.

You should already be able to do that using the "Last post limit" group option, or am I missing something else?

Hi terabyte!

That is entirely possible however on the boards I'm using it on I wish for the bump to be used once every 3 hours (on multiple topics) regardless of when the last post was. Although topic posts do infract act as a bump we don't look on them as if they were a bump.

• Administrator

View PostLemonSquid, on 02 June 2012 - 04:56 PM, said:

Hi terabyte!

That is entirely possible however on the boards I'm using it on I wish for the bump to be used once every 3 hours (on multiple topics) regardless of when the last post was. Although topic posts do infract act as a bump we don't look on them as if they were a bump.

That's exactly what the setting I mentioned would do, the "last post" limit is based on the last post of the topic and not on the last post made by the member. If you setup it to 180 minutes (3 hours) it should do exactly what you need?

• n00b
  • Pip

View Postterabyte, on 05 June 2012 - 10:42 PM, said:

That's exactly what the setting I mentioned would do, the "last post" limit is based on the last post of the topic and not on the last post made by the member. If you setup it to 180 minutes (3 hours) it should do exactly what you need?

Ok that is a lot better than I thought, thanks for the clarification. It's still not exactly what I was aiming for however, what I wanted would be useless for (most likely) all your other users and therefore would be a waste of time for you to implement especially when it's so close to what you've already got. Again, thankyou for the clarification - works great. :)

User is offline   Rebecca 

• n00b
  • Pip
I wonder if you can help me please. I have upgraded everything completely including the latest version of Soc 2 (purchased thru IPS market) I have the latest portal installed and your bump mod.
All works fine except when I bump a topic it goes to the top of the forums no problem but it does not update the portal page? it all works in all the other ips standard themes but not Soc 2? as I say it updates the forums fine just not on the portal? Any idea's as your previous version worked perfectly. I have re cached the skin any idea's?I have contacted Final Prestige and asked Bitter the same question and he said the skin is the same as IPS default only colours are different and to ask you if you might be able to shed some light on what could be causing this?

• Administrator

View PostRebecca, on 11 November 2012 - 12:42 AM, said:

I wonder if you can help me please. I have upgraded everything completely including the latest version of Soc 2 (purchased thru IPS market) I have the latest portal installed and your bump mod.
All works fine except when I bump a topic it goes to the top of the forums no problem but it does not update the portal page? it all works in all the other ips standard themes but not Soc 2? as I say it updates the forums fine just not on the portal? Any idea's as your previous version worked perfectly. I have re cached the skin any idea's?I have contacted Final Prestige and asked Bitter the same question and he said the skin is the same as IPS default only colours are different and to ask you if you might be able to shed some light on what could be causing this?

Sorry but I'm not following you there, could you explain a bit more please? Or if you can provide some screenshots maybe...

From what I understand "Soc 2" is a skin you purchased but it does not show the same result the mod does show on the default one? I'm confused since the modification doesn't rely at all on the skin nor does modify it :huh:

User is offline   Wizi 

• n00b
  • Pip
  • IP.Board:3.4.x
Do you happen to know why member can't bump more than one topic? After bumping the first topic the rest become "unbumpable", so to say. I believe I have set correctly the right permissions with "0" for "Daily limit".

Please advice!

• Administrator

View PostWizi, on 17 May 2013 - 11:16 AM, said:

Do you happen to know why member can't bump more than one topic? After bumping the first topic the rest become "unbumpable", so to say. I believe I have set correctly the right permissions with "0" for "Daily limit".

Please advice!

How are setup the other limits? Check especially "Last bump limit", if that option is also setup and not 0 that's what is blocking you.

User is offline   Wizi 

• n00b
  • Pip
Nope, all set to 1 day (1440 minutes). Here's a screenshot:

Posted Image
It doesn't matter if "Daily limit" is 0 or something else.

Thanks in advance!

This post has been edited by Wizi: 20 May 2013 - 07:36 PM

• Administrator
That's your problem, with "Last bump limit" set to 1 day that means your members have to wait 1 day before being able to bump again. Basically it's like you have setup the daily limit to be 1.

You need to change "Last bump limit" to 0 and leave the others just as they are, after that you should be fine.

User is offline   Wizi 

• n00b
  • Pip
But I want them to wait 24 hours before being able to bump again. It's working correctly with the above setting with the only glitch that if a person has more than 1 topic that want to bump after bumping the first one the second (or the rest topics) becomes unbumpable saying "You have to wait...."

It's like the "Daily limit" isn't working correctly. The rest is just fine.

This post has been edited by Wizi: 21 May 2013 - 07:15 PM

• Administrator
Okay this is getting confusing.. The 24 hours limit you mention, is that for the same topic? Basically do you want them to be able to bump ANY topics but bump them only once per day? Or am I misunderstanding what you want?

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users